An encounter with the mischiefs – Bali, Indonesia

It was 7.30am when we departed towards KLIA airport. The flight from KL to Bali takes around 3 hours and it’s almost 2pm plus when we reach Ngurah Rai airport, we were greeted by our handsome tour guide and a lady holding a bunch of necklace made of fresh flowers, waiting to put them around our neck.

Sister and in-laws..

Sister and in-laws..


Fresh flowers necklace, it smells really good too.

Fresh flowers necklace, it smells really good too.

It was a Friday when we stepped foot in Bali that day. The road were congested as Muslims finished work at 4pm on Fridays and go for their prayers. Roads in Bali are quite narrow, weather was hot as well. We headed straight to Pura Luhur Uluwatu (UluwatuTemple) after arriving at the airport to catch the beautiful sunset, this place was a quite well known place to tourists and also…… MONKEYS!! 

“The temple itself perched on a steep cliff 70 metres above the roaring Indian ocean waves. There are more steep headlands on either side and sunsets over Uluwatu are a sight to behold.”

Before entering the temple, we were told to dressed properly by putting on ‘sarongs’, which can be rented at the entrance. Our tour guide told us to watched out for the aggressive monkeys as they were trained to ‘snatch’ tourist’s belongings such as glasses, earrings, bags etc, which are easy to take away from them. If you were to get back the belongings from the monkeys, you need to pay a fee to the owners. *So, my kind advice is to KEEP all small items locked in your bag to prevent being snatched by the mischievous ‘kiddies’.*

Congested road in Bali..

Congested road in Bali..









Please beware of the monkeys, they are trained to snatch from tourists.

Please beware of the monkeys, they are trained to snatch from tourists.


After the tour in Uluwatu, we went to Jimbaran Bay for a 20 minutes foot massage and dinner! I didn’t went for the foot massage, instead, I went to take a stroll on the beach and took some (or many) pictures. The evening sky were flooded with tints of pinkish orange, blue & purple colours, making it the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen. Waves were really loud & big, as if there was a tiny Tsunami rushing towards the shore. Probably is because that I am quite afraid of loud noises, so it was really scary to me.



After everyone were done with the foot massage, we started our dinner beside the beach. It was my very first experience to dine at the beach. Listening to the waves, enjoying the cool ocean breeze (it feels so good after our hot noon tour). During the dinner, they prepared a Balinese performance for the guests while we enjoy our food.


It was an awesome trip for day 1 so far, except for the monkeys in Uluwatu temple, though I didn’t lost anything to them, but since I’m short sighted and couldn’t had my glasses on, it definitely ruined my mood & trip during the tour. We head back to Hotel Wina (also known as Holiday Villa) after dinner. You may find some reviews regarding the hotel at Agoda


Do stay tuned for part 2 of my Bali trip!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s