Recently, I have been nominated for the Liebster Award which is pass down from blogger to blogger, originated from Germany with the meaning of “dearest”, “kindest”. A sincere big thanks to the one who have given me this honor, costaricatravelblog.com! I had noticed the Liebster logo in some blogs though I have no idea what that award is about. After some research online, I came to know that it was actually a nomination for newer blogs which is worth noticing and reading with followers lower than 200.
I never expected and felt really great to be able to receive such an award regardless of not winning anything real, nevertheless, this helps to create some linking and networks through the blogosphere community while your blog gets more exposure and being recognized by more readers around the world. Most importantly it acts as a kind of motivation for new bloggers like me to keep writing.
However, some rules are bind to you upon receiving this award.
– Each nominee must link back to the person and thank them for their nomination.
– Answer 11 questions given to you by the nominator and give 11 facts about yourself.
– Nominate 5 ~ 11 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
– Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
– Let the nominees know they’ve been nominated so they can continue the chain.
So, here are the 11 questions which was given to me by my nominator.
1. What have you seen that you never thought you would get the chance to see?
- Born and raised in Malaysia, which somehow is free of harmful natural disaster (except for floods, and droughts). Once I went to Krabi with my family, after a day of island hopping and back to shore, we saw a watersprout forming somewhere at the place we just came back from. It feels great to actually see one but still it’s really terrifying that I thought it would come our way at that very moment. I have always dream to see or run from a tornado, but after that occurrence, I do not wish to see anymore of it.
2. What inspires your travel choices?
- When I was younger, travelling to me is a sort of fun, entertainment, leisure. But nowadays, I see travelling as a part of absorbing new knowledge and cultures into life. What could I see in that country, what kind of food I could taste at different places, and how does the locals live their everyday life.. These are basically few points that affect the choices of my next destination.
3. Where will your next adventure take you?
- I have set either Australia or New Zealand as my next destination (or both if possible), as long as Seoul doesn’t pop up in my mind again. Well, if I am able to get my hands on any cheap flights to Europe, I will be more than happy to visit London, maybe.
4. What is something you would love to do/see but will likely never get the chance to?
- Skydiving, the icebergs of Alaska, staying in a hill side cottage waking up to the stunning scenery surrounding the little village. All these seems just like a dream in wonderland, so far as though as I could never be able to touch them. Nevertheless I will give it my all to cross them of my bucket list some day
5. What could you do to overcome the obstacle(s) preventing you from doing/seeing that which you discuss above?
- First of all, having a bf which I supposed he is a family man, will be my biggest obstacle in achieving my dreams. His dream, basically an opposite of mine, desires a family, a house, children. As a start, for the moment, exploring my own country would be a better choice and later on if chances allowed, we could go further abroad together and start going on an adventure which I have been dreaming about.
6. How long have you been blogging and at what point (if any) did you develop a true passion for it?
- I do have a little passion for writing, though in a different language. In addition of my introvert character, I felt that expressing myself through writing is much easier and comfortable. Also, with a keen passion for travelling, I have decided to start this blog around a year ago, but with work and studies taking up most of my time, it was left quiet for a while. Back in June 2014, I put off my studies to make time for blogging, therefore started sharing my travel experiences which I had in my previous trips.
7. What is the best travel advice you can offer?
- I once read a quote which really inspires me to start travelling, and I do hope it will be the best advice for you as well.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. – Mark Twain
8. What is the best blogging advice you can offer?
- To those who are not well informed about a blogger’s “behind the scenes”, blogging isn’t just sitting in front of their laptops, typing a few words while sipping a hot cup of roasted coffee. Unless you are just updating your family and friends of your whereabouts, blogging needs more effort and time than you could ever imagine, particularly if you want to drive the audiences to your blog and make it successful. So, my advice would be, keep up your hardwork and never give up!
9. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Haven’t think much about this. Probably on a plane, flying off to another country or hitting the train crossing the border of another city?
10. What do you need to do/accomplish to get there?
- As of now, it will be work hard to earn enough and persuading my bf about the beauties of travelling. I think we will need a hypnotherapist to make this happen sooner.
11. What is the mark you are trying to leave on this world through your work/blog?
- I have not think about this either. The main purpose of this blog is to share my travel experiences to people, as well as to share about Seoul and Korea to other travelers and visitors.
Here are some 11 random facts about myself..
1. A Seoul lover. I love everything about Seoul, the food, the subway, the streets… I can’t resist it when it comes to Seoul!
2. I am a Kamilia, fandom of a Korean K-pop girl group, KARA.
3. I dislike pink, but I can’t help myself to fall for some pink stuffs. It’s annoying.
4. My favorite Playstation game is GT Racing. But I hate driving in real life.
5. There is still a kiddo side of me who likes Pokemon. Gotta catch em’ all huh?
6. When I’m watching ghost movies, I either had my eyes half close or my specs off when the “moment” comes. And I love splatter movies.
7. Being an IT noob makes it hard for me to understand about SEO and setting up a page or blog. It makes my head spin when I start reading them!
8. People always said that I look like famous Hong Kong artistes Faye Wong and Kelly Chen.
9. I try putting in the truth when I needed to tell a lie. It sure sounded complicated.
10. I scream and run when I see bugs. They are creepy, what do you expect?
11. Up until now, I don’t know what should I do in the future, which road should I take. My heart is never at rest when it needs to choose between 2 things.
I followed many blogs so listing them out will be a little time taking, but here is the list of my nominees which will be joining the Liebster community. Congratulations! They are slightly new to blogosphere but definitely worth reading. (In the midst of updating…)
Questions for the Nominees..
1. How long have you been blogging and at what point (if any) did you develop a true passion for it?
2. What does travelling mean to you and how has it affected your life?
3. What travel experience you had that changed your perspective towards the world/life/travel?
4. Throughout your adventures, have you tried any food which you would loved to eat again?
5. What is your favorite transport when you are travelling?
6. Is there any place that you would love to visit but have yet the chance to go?
7. What could you do to overcome the obstacle(s) preventing you from visiting the place which you discussed above?
8. What have you seen that you never thought you would get the chance to see?
9. Do you have any particular items or things which you can’t live without when you are abroad or travelling, and why?
10. What travel advice could you give to your readers?
11. What and where do you see yourself in 5 years?